Aug 29, 2012
Dear Family and Friends,
We found another investigator!!! Me and my Comp are really
excited. It was almost the exact same scenario that happened last week. Almost
last door, last floor of the night, she had a stressful day and we were the
only people who had made her smile. It was really cool. We could only teach the
lesson at the door but the spirit was really strong.
So, as you've probably heard in the news...there was a
shooting by Empire State. I was not there when the shooting happened. We did
however walk through where it happened later that night without knowing what
happened... This city is crazy. We hear of crazy stuff that's going on all the
time. With the election going on, everyone is getting a little more interested.
The only problem is that everyone is going to the wrong source. One dude
thought that Joseph Smith was an Alien. (kind of funny but kind of disturbing)
A lot of people are interested in knowing what we stand for. It was actually
funny, on a Pday we went to Rockefeller Center and visited a gift shop. My comp
bought something and while in line the cashier looked at us and said
"Huh...mormons right?, Ya, I live in Brooklyn, I see you guys everywhere.
You're good kids. I like the Mormons. Nicest guys I know" That made us
feel really good.
This last week we also got to give a blessing at a hospital.
Let's just say it was one of the most intense spiritual experiences of my life.
After the experience, I came to appreciate the Plan of Salvation a lot more.
Besides that everything is still normal. I think I have
finally sent all the letters. Sorry it took a long time. I usually have no time
to write and when I do I am really tired from the day. So if some of the
letters don't make sense..don't worry about it.
Love you all. Hope all is going well.
On a funnier lighter note, and add this to the Blog because
I forgot to, me and my comp were really hungry so we went to Popeyes to get
some fried chicken and since it is the end of the month we had a feast.
However, about an hour later, out English class lady Agueda came and gave us a
huge..and by huge I mean so big that even a horse would stare at it as if it were
crazy...helping of rice, chicken, green beans and Pepsi. I physically could not
finish it. We had to take it home. It was really good though. She kept on
saying that she made it for us because we never eat Spanish food. She is such a
funny little lady. I hope we get to teach her even though she says she already
felt the Holy Ghost and doesn't need to feel it again.
OK I think that is everything...love you all
Elder Jeremy Sherman
No comments:
Post a Comment