Dear Family and Friends,
New York is awesome as always. It's cooling down a lot which
I am really happy with. The heat isn't a missionaries best friend. I can only
imagine what the other missionaries in other places are feeling like.
The days aren't too much different. We get random people
coming up to us on the street and saying "Boo" to us...which is funny
and lame at the same time, and we are tracting a lot still. I've had the honor
of helping someone move a couple times and each time they've given us food...so
I can't complain. He had some awesome pizza the first time that puts all other
pizzas to shame then I had some Brazilan Food with some members that were
leaving for New Jersey. It was really funny because when they asked their son
to say the prayer over the food, he looked around at us then asked "Elders,
would one of you like to bless the food?" Then his mom yelled at him in
Portuguese and he started praying. It was really funny.
From tracting we've gotten a couple of funny responses too.
The most popular is "Sorry...we're christians" (to which we say
"so are we!")
We also ran into this guy and had a
conversation that went like this
"I'm sorry we can't talk right now. You see...we
high" (and he was)
"That's cool, is there another time we can come over
when you're sober"
"Well you see....I'm always high"
We didn't get a lesson....
The last story is awesome though. It was the last door and
we ran into a lady who was actually interested! We talked for a while about the
Plan of Salvation then we set up another time to talk with her. She was really
excited because she said that all the other religions that talked to her never
answered her questions and she had a lot. It was great!
So Ya...that's life in New York. I haven't gotten mail for a
while so I'm sorry if it's taking a long time for me to respond.
Love you all :)
-Elder Jeremy Sherman
P.S. Catie...that letter I sent a really long time ago
apperently never got sent...So here is me telling you that I did get it but I
couldn't send it because I didn't have the right address. Hope all is well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment