Friday, June 22, 2012


This is it. The last Email from the MTC. I am almost there! All I have to do is finish packing up some stuff, wash some stuff, and then wait till 4:00 AM on Monday. Not bad at all.

I have to thank the Chambers. They sent me these little pictures that help explain the Plan of Salvation. In fact, the day i got them I had to use them because I was teaching that lesson to a woman who couldn't read. So that was really really helpful

The MTC has been an awesome experience. I've learned a lot about teaching and learning by the spirit. On Monday we had to do this In-Field orientation thing (and contrary to the name....it was not actually in the field). It was a bunch of workshops that taught us how to help investigators and how to use the members to help when teaching. I never thought about how important the members are to the entire process.

They also taught us how to find new investigators by using Mormon.Org. besides that they also gave us a list that had a whole bunch of ideas. From doing the traditional door to door approach to putting your name on the Clergy list at hospitals (that is an actual thing. It's in my planner).

I also found out that since I'm getting a new mission president, I get to meet him tomorrow when he comes for the mission presidents training. that's pretty exciting.

I've been feeling the spirit a lot here. My testimony has grown a ton. I always thought that it was some cliche' thing to say that but it really is true.

The MTC experience was definitely good but the field is going to be so much better.

The next time I write I will be in the field.

Cheers!

-Elder Jeremy Sherman

p.s. Go on to Lds.org and check out the life of Christ bible videos. Those things are awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment