Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8, 2012
 
Dear Family and Friends,

Guess what? I only have about 2 and a half weeks till I'm in New York. The time has really flown by, which is good because I'm not going to lie....I really want to leave the MTC. The classes are fun, the teachers are good, the food is....food..... Nothing much has happened since I was moved into a stable district. Everyone is really nice. Sometimes too nice but hey! they're missionaries. My shoulder has been healing really well. I thank you all for the blessings. I can tell you...they are working :) The only thing I'm really worried about is how I'm going to deal with a lack of mountains. Instead I'm going to have giant buildings and I don't know how I'm going to react to that. Oh well, I'm still excited.

I've also found out how to function with only one arm! except in the cafeteria....one of the elders always jumps up to help me when he sees me enter.

The Spanish is coming along great. The district is playing this game called "El Nativo". What happens is we draw papers to see who is "El Nativo" and whoever has it has to speak Spanish all day. At the end of the day we vote for who we think is the Nativo. If you get picked but you are not the Nativo then you get plus three points and if you're the nativo and you don't get a vote, you lose points. We also started voting for a gringo because some elders just don't try to speak Spanish (one of the elders during lunch even said. "I'm not speaking Spanish today! I'm not the nativo. I'm American Dang it!.....he lost 4 points....)

I hope everything is going well. Keep the letters coming.

I love you all

Love,

Elder Jeremy Sherman

p.s. I also found out a way to type with both hands!....I'm really excited about this.....


No comments:

Post a Comment