Sup family and friends, hope all is doing well.
I'm still just chilling in the MTC, eating what they call food and teaching the
fake investigators. I've really been learning a lot. My Spanish is 10 times
better than when I left and I have finally figured out the 'stratagy' to
teaching. One of the "investigators" that I have to teach in the TRC
is this guy named Carlos. We've taught him most of the lessons but he wasn't
really reacting until we sort of came down on him (and by 'come down on' I mean
'lovingly ask appropriate missionary questions') and found out that he hadn't
really been praying. So we invited him to pray with true intent and the next
time we talked to him he said that he would like to be Baptised. I know that
he's not really an investigator...but still....I did a little MTC appropriate
dance.
More good news, I have finally received my travel plans. I
leave the MTC for the Salt Lake City Airport at 4:00 AM. Then I fly to
someplace that I can't remember then wait for about 2 hours, then get on a
plane for New York. I'm so excited. I've been watching 'The District 1' and
'The District 2' (in Spanish of course) and just getting more and more excited
to go. I feel really blessed because of all the things that have happened and
all the things that are going to happen. Thanks also for all the prayers about
my shoulder. I can actually feel them working. I never realized how powerful
the Spirit was until this entire experience.
Another cool thing. I may have said it before but my
teachers are awesome. One of them, Hermano Wheeler, is really cool. He served
in Argentina. (Speaking of Argentina, Congrats on the Mission call Dane. I'm so
pumped for you.....if you don't read this...um....someone who is reading this
and sees Dane Taylor, tell him congrats for me). Another cool thing about
Hermano Wheeler is that he is in Bronwens and Stephs ward (Tall, short blond
hair, speaks really good Spanish, won the Hunger Games/Assassin game) The other
teacher is Hermana Tartaglia. She has seriously helped me so much. She isn't
one of those teachers that says "Oh, well you're trying your hardest"
She's the kind of teacher that if she sees you not going something well she
will pull you aside and ask "What's going on? How can I help? This is something
that helped me on my mission" Needless to say, I have been pulled aside
many times. But that is OK. I have learned a lot.
It's hard to believe that I have already been here for about
a month. Time really does fly after a while. It's really awesome to think that
this is my Second to last letter from the MTC. I'm really excited.
I miss you all and love you all. Keep sending letters
-Elder Jeremy Sherman
No comments:
Post a Comment