Saturday, November 16, 2013

Everything is good. You are right, it is transfers today and I am still in Monticello with the Same Comp. nothing to exciting this time.  Fun fact though, counting this cycle, I have 4 more left so.....less that 6 months.

I haven't gotten the Coat yet BUT!....I will be getting 2. The kid I gave my coat to is going back to Puerto Rico and as you can guess...it doesn't get cold there so He's giving me back my Coat plus another one that he has. So....the parable of the Talents is true.

We had our Baptism last Saturday and Sunday. We had a fun experience trying to do the interview for him. we planned on doing it at 9 in the morning because he had work. But when we arrived with the zone leaders (who had to drive for an hour to get here) he wasn't there. we drove everywhere in the town and eventually had to do an emergency split so we could teach a lesson really quick. After about an hour and a half we gave up and went to get lunch at Wendys when all of the sudden we get a call from him asking where we were. Turns out he went on a walk.but it all turned out good. His baptism was one of the most spiritual I'd been to. The members all agreed. It was really special. I don't quite know what it was but it was really cool. We are also finding a lot of new people to teach. The Lord is blessing Monticello. 

My spiritual thought is: Obedience to the Law is liberty. During veterans day I kept thinking about that quote from L. Tom Perry. The statement is true. I'm happy to say that I am an Obedient missionary and I have seen the blessings. I love missionary work. Its hard but it can be fun.

I love you all.
love, Elder Jeremy Sherman



No comments:

Post a Comment