Monday, October 7, 2013


October 2, 2013

Dear Family,
Yes this was transfers week. I didn't bring it up because I didn't think I was going to be transferred (emphasis.....didn't think......) I have been transfered. I am no longer with Elder D____of California but now with Elder J____ of Oklahoma. I am now in a little place called Monticello which is right next to NEWBURGH!!! I'm back in the old romping grounds. (sort of....I'm closer to Woodstock :) )
Stamford was fun and the people there were cool. Our ward mission leader Brother G_____ was very grateful for the work I did and said it was because I had a good mummy (and daddy by extension) As far as work it's still going good. The work was starting to pick up where I was. Hopefully Elder D_____ and his new Companion will be able to keep it going.
These last couple days I've been learning about Meekness. I've set some goals for myself. The main goal that I wanted to share is that I want to be "Trusted of the Lord" There was a comment made by Elder Christopherson that the Lord loves everyone but he doesn't trust everyone. I want to be the kind of person that the Lord can trust at all times. So that when he calls I can be ready to respond. I decided the first step in this goal was to learn how to be meek and humble enough to even receive and recognize the call in the first place. This coupled with the "Faith, hope, and Charity" studies that still occupy my mind, I am finding myself in the situations of instead of trying to understand what it is, but to act in accordance with what I already understand so that I can learn from experience. The theme of humility has dominated almost every aspect of my mission. I just hope that the lessons the lord is providing me with are not used in vain.
Good luck in all the performance things that are happening. 
Looking forward to hearing from you next week
Elder Jeremy Sherman


No comments:

Post a Comment