Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Alright, I'm just going to send this to almost everyone.

First things first, I am no longer in Newburgh......In fact, I'm back in the city....Manhattan......Harlem....
yes, believe it or not, I, Jeremy Sherman, am training in Harlem

So...ya. I'm not really sure what's going on still but we have started finding people. It's been a crazy couple days. We weren't able to Email last Pday because we were moving.

Leaving Newburgh was hard. I'm going to miss that area a lot. My time there made me realize how God really is in everyone's lives and cares about everyone. I had the blessing of being able to see how I was a tool in the hands of the Lord in a different way than usual. It was way cool and I am grateful for the time I had there.

Harlem is awesome. I'm part of the ward that I actually use to help when I was in South Manhattan. There was one lady named __________ who as soon as she saw me recognized me which made me feel really good about myself. The area is really cool to. Our area goes from Lenox to 3rd ave. and from 125th to 59th. So if you were to see it on a map I am right I have the west side of the Lower and Upper East Side, Next to central park. We've done a lot of walking the last couple days and we have street contacted in all of our area up to 96th. After that it's just tourists. Something fun though. We had a zone blitz where the sisters sent us to different collage campuses to try and find young single adults. The college that they gave us was Bearkly which is on 43rd street and Madison. That meant that we had to go through Grand Central Station to get there. (oh darn.....) It was really cool though. We didn't contact many people but my New comp was just looking up at all the buildings.

My new comp is really cool. He was taught really well in the MTC so half the time I forget that I'm training because he's doing so good.

So ya. That's been the last couple weeks. There isn't much to say but we did a lot of walking, tracting, going to a birthday party, meeting member's, talking about Soccer with a less active and talking about how Barcalona bean AC Milan :) and more tracting. We also got an investigator handed off to us which is really cool. He is really prepared.

Oh ya, Dad. I found out I did inherit your ability to cook. On Tuesday I made marinaded a steak for my comp and another companionship and they were really good. (It could have also been because I wrapped them in bacon.....still tasted good......)

Love you all.


The cool thing I didn't mention in the other email is that the area I am in in Harlem is not an old area. I'm also opening an area and training. My Comp is more prepared to do this! And he's fresh from the MTC!

Love you

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment