WE HAVE A BAPTISM!!! I mean...the only reason we can count
it is because she is 9 and missed the 8 yr. old bandwagon....but still! New
Convert and newly activated family!
This week has been crazy. On Thursday, we had a surprise
training that he wanted Me and a couple (not all) of the other elders in our
zone to go to. It was down in the Bronx, which is a long way away from where we
are now. When we got there however we learned that the people who were going to
be training us were the Head Honchos of the of the Missionary Department. The
two men directly underneath Nelson and Holland. It turns out that they are
starting a new way of teaching that they want to test in the New York New York
North mission. It's insane! It requires that we be more bold with the people
and use the pamphlets more. It was crazy, and when me and P__________ used it
in a lesson, it went really good. The training basically said that as
missionaries we are suppose to cry repentance. So he taught us how to invite
people to repent. It was crazy but it was one of the best meetings I had been
to. Tell the Nathan and Ethan to study "How to Begin Teaching"
section in Chapter 10.
Friday was the huge snow storm. We weren't allowed to drive
after 4:00 so all we did was walk around and clean driveways of people close
by. It was really cool. It was also funny because we started cleaning one
driveway and then we decided to ask if she wanted us to do it. When we rang the
door bell she said not to that her son could get it.....unfortunately ...we
were already halfway done....awkward....so we finished and got out of there as
soon as possible.
We have found a couple new people to teach and they seem
really interested. We had this one guy stop us on the street and thank us for
all that we did for him. Then when we said good bye he looked at me and said
"You! Sherman! I remember you! You were the one who helped me!"....I
had completely forgotten that I had helped them. It sort of made me think of
all the people that we as missionaries help but never get to see how it
impacted their lives. This I guess was a tender mercy. It was cool.
I love you mummy and daddy. I keep on thinking of the
lessons that you taught me when I was younger and realizing how useful they've
been on my mission.
I love you all.
For my spiritual thought I will tell you of something a guy
at the meeting said "What we have is true and the lord is hastening his
work. We can no longer afford to beat around the bush and cut corners."
What was crazy though was we were that bold yet we still were loving and they
accepted the invitation to come back to church. I've felt many times on my
mission that the Lord has used me as his mouth piece. And I am grateful that I
have been found worthy to be it.
I Love the Lord and I love my mission.
I love you all,
Love,
Elder Jeremy Sherman







No comments:
Post a Comment