Alright, next week is transfers. Chances are
I will still be in Newburgh so I'll be here for about 5 more weeks.
Good luck family with all the music stuff
going on. I remember those days for running from one thing to another. I still
have those days except it doesn't involve music. Sort of funny thing, I had a
random dream the day you told me Nathan was going to start his papers that he
was going to Brazil. I thought it was a funny thought to see Nathan speaking
Portuguese. Oh well. Good luck.
Alright, I've got to tell you about
Monday....well....first. Wednesday after P-Day, me and President _____ went on
a split and gave two blessings at the hospital. The first one was for a lady in
the Branch who had back surgery and was still recuperating. It was funny because
her husband isn't a member and he is also the person who helped clean out our
apartment. When he saw our concecrated oil he asked about it. We explained a
little about what it was and a little about the priesthood and he seemed a
little interested. Then he paused a little then said...."Pues...es como
salvacion en un botalla." (so....it's bottled salvation..) The next blessing was
for one of President _______'s neighbors who isn't a member. I can honestly say
that the blessing we did there was one of the most powerful blessings I've
heard. Not because of the words spoken but because of the spirit that entered
the room. Even above the noisy nurses and T.V. playing Family Guy, the spirit
entered and pierced every person there and everyone had tears in their eyes.
(except me...I never cry....usually....) it was amazing. The love of the Lord is
really indescribable. Just saying "he loves us" doesn't do justice.
Thursday was normal. Just talking to people and finding our
Branch.
Friday Me and My comp along with President ______ again got
to Dedicate a house and give an entire family blessings. The Mum and Dad aren't
married and they have 3 kids. 1 boy and two little girls. The reason they wanted
us to give them blessings was because a lot of bad things had been happening to
them recently and she just wanted comfort because she was scared. (I mean...it's
Newburgh...I'm scared just walking down the street). Her Son had also been
jumped. He's Ok and was able to come to church. He's really a cool kid. He's one
of those kids that may have had a rough past but he doesn't care and he's
pushing for a good future. That was really special also.
Sunday was awesome because we had 68 people in church. That's more than me
OR my comp have seen since being in the area. People are finally
coming to Church!!!
Alright...Monday. There is a Family we've been working with a lot. I've
talked a little about them but for the sake of the story I will start at the
beginning. The mum is a member but the father isn't. There are 3 kids (that I
know of) living with them. The oldest daughter in on a mission right now in
Russia and the younger of the two brothers is Baptized. The oldest son wanted to
but apparently was forbidden to do so by his father. Me and ______ always
tried to visit but the mum was never home so sharing a message was really
difficult. So me and Satchwell decided we would help the dad out. He just
started talking to him and being his friend. We would try really hard to link
things to the Gospel but...no dice.... This all started last October when I got
here.
Now fast forward to Monday. This man who was never interested in the
Church. Who often said "I believe what I do and it works for me" several times.
This man who I didn't think would ever listen to our messages has decided to
listen to us! Not only that but he kept asking us questions about Baptism and
what else we believe. When he listens he respects us for what we say and he
thinks about it. This man's heart is being softened right before my eyes and I
feel so blessed to be a part of it. Could he be baptized while I'm still here? I
don't know. I hope so. I would love to see him get baptized. It's amazing. I
can't really relay my excitement about it all. So I will proceed to show my
happiness in Exclamation marks and smiley faces. !!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :D :D
!!!!!!!
Alright. That's most of the week. Next week is transfers so I might have a
new companion.
Thanks for everything. I have you all in my prayers. Especially my Brothers
who are about to perform for everything that has to do with musical stuff. Also
my brothers in the mission field.
Love you all,
Elder Jeremy Sherman




No comments:
Post a Comment