September 12, 2012
To start, 9/11 was interesting. For us as missionaries, we
still had to do work so we didn't get to go down to the Financial District
until later that night for a dinner appointment. Funnily enough I didn't
actually feel any difference in the atmosphere. Amongst us missionaries we kept
on thinking of what it would have been like to be there when it did happen.
I actually went on a split yesterday with Elder R___
(he's the cool cat from Orem). We got to take one of his recent converts up to
the temple so that she could do family history work.
I did get the Violin and I am very happy about it. In
fact...most of my apartment is really happy about it. The Zone asked me to do a musical number for Zone Meeting. I accepted and did the
normal practicing for it. Little did I know that we were also having a Pot Luck
for Zone Meeting. So in a haste to get something to serve we went down to the
little store below us and bought 12 cup of noodles then put little starburst on
each one.....that is a missionary pot luck. It went great next to the pizza we
ordered and the donuts covered with whipped cream and hot chocolate mix.
Everything with my comp is still going great. We found a new
investigator that kept on saying he wanted to do that thing that mormons do to
become mormons.
I have really realized how blessed I am to be on a mission
at this time and in this place. It's especially perfect since there is an
election going on and I have no idea about politics. So that way I can't argue!
It's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment