A lone missionary walks across the MTC campus towards the front desk.
Who is this mysteriously handsome and humble missionary? the answer is......An incredibly handsome yet humbled missionary. For this missionary had a bad shoulder before his mission but never decided to have it checked out.
Well....He did have it checked out. and after going to the Hospital on two different occasions and talking to the MTC clinics discovered that the ligaments in his shoulder were bad....and loose.
Therefore, this lone Missionary, walking across the MTC campus is non other....than me.
That's right brothers and sisters, This is Elder Jeremy Alvin Sherman writing the blog post for this week (not actually posting or writing it just dictating it to my Mummy) Last Friday I had surgery on my right shoulder and had it (in the words of my surgeon) tightened up. And, due to some strange scheduling, I could not stay in the MTC sick beds because they would all be closed.
With that said....I have been recovering at home until today. When you read this I will already be back in the MTC with a huge sling. These are truly strange circumstances and will probably never happen to any other missionary ever. And let me tell you , it has been weird. Fortunately I have not gained weight due to the fact of eating real food (the best part) And my brothers have always been around to be my companions.
| I am going into surgery.... in a brave blue hat..... |
| Two of my brothers and me looking pathetic on the couch |
![]() |
| Me eating real food (Thanks to Dad) |
After that I started doing better. and started spending the days studying Spanish (Ahora yo puedo ensenar en Espanol, pero.....yo no quiero practicar ahora....yo solo quiero dormir), studying the scriptures, and watching church approved movies....and sleeping off pain pills...
It is definitely something that I do not want to do again, surgery and come home. Fortunately I was able to go straight back into the MTC again and not have it interfere with my time. I am still going to leave for the New York, New York City North mission on June 25. (groovy right?) and this is all thanks to the My doctor and Stake President Jackson. The lord was definitely guiding and inspiring him and definitely trying me. If ever you pray for a trial of faith.....don't worry.....God will provide an opportunity.
I love you all and really hope to hear from all of you through letters. Don't be shy....write me.....well write the other missionaries...but also write me :)
See you guys in my next letter,
![]() |
| Ready to get back to work |
Love
-Elder Jeremy Sherman


Addendum: Elder Sherman was up and ready by 7:10 am. He told me that that was the time when they normally have breakfast. He wanted to test the waters a little to see if he could get ready in the time frame allowed him in the MTC. All morning long he was like a caged bear, asking every so often when we were going to be leaving. We got him to the MTC a little before 8 am. It was nice to seem him suddenly relax as if to say, "I'm back!" His face was even more relieved to see his two companions, Elder Gibson and Elder Stevenson. After a very short goodbye, his companions picked up his stuff and all three happily took off to be about their work. There is nothing more comforting for a father than to see his missionary son anxiously engaged and having such a strong desire to do the work! All of us have learned some wonderful things from this experience.
ReplyDeleteWhat a brave missionary you are! And who better to study Spanish with than your family? Take care, love & prayers coming your way! ~~ Aunt Eva ♥♥♥
ReplyDelete