So My area is Stamford Connecticut. We have some people that we're
teaching (I still haven't met them all) and one is a Peruvian who lives in
Barcelona! (I was very excited about that) My New Comp is Named D_____. He's
a good kid. I am, as we say in the mission, his "Mother" or Second Companion.
The Work here is about to blow up. When I came in they also put in 1 more
companionship of Biking Spanish Elders and 1 companionship of Portugues Elders.
According to our DL something big is coming and President had told him that We
were coming and all that. So that made me feel a little special in a humbling
way. Stamford City feels like a safe Newburgh. The streets are almost the same
minus crime and stuff. The other parts of my area that are too hard to reach on
bike are the really rich areas. We drove down one road to a dinner appointment
and there were only 3 houses in 4 miles....and they were neighbors. They
basically lived in Castles. I'm convinced a vampire lives in one of them... the Munsters in another.
This area really has been prepared. The people actually want to listen to
you here. It kind of throws me off because I'm use to "Hey We're representa...."
"Not interested SLAM" but now it's "Oh ya sure..come in...want some water? How
bout a Popsicle? (no joke. I got 2 Popsicle from tracting the other day) I love
it. Also we found a little Brazilan store that sells Guarana.
Speaking of Brazilans. We went to a Brazilan bakery (that wasn't in our
area....on accident) and I bought Guarana and my companion was talking to the
guy in Spanish. The guy was kind of struggling but then my comp said "Hey. He
speaks Portugues" So I was able to talk to him! He
was so surprised and happy that he gave me a discounted Cozinha (basically
deep-fried cheese and chicken" We also got invited to go to his house and teach
him. It was a really cool experience. It confirms what I felt in South Mann when
I felt I should Learn Portuguese. Now I can Contact everyone in my area! I feel
so blessed that I can learn languages (with the help of the Lord)
Biking is fun. It's good exercise and I am exhausted all day. I always have
my helmet. I've been employing ancient powers while bike riding also....like Drafting off
my comp..... :)
So that's about it. I'm super excited for this area.
Love you all.
Elder Jeremy Sherman
No comments:
Post a Comment